Lyttelton Times Company Limited

The Lyttelton Times was the first newspaper published in Canterbury, with the first edition being issued on January 1851.  Initially published weekly, publication moved to bi-weekly in 1854, thrice weekly in 1863 and, following a move to Christchurch in 1863, it became a daily newspaper.  Despite the move from Lyttelton to Christchurch the newspaper retained its name until 1929 when it changed to the Christchurch Times.

The Lyttelton Times Company started the publication of the Canterbury Times in 1865.  The newspaper was an illustrated weekly journal, mainly comprised of a compilation of articles from the daily editions of The Lyttelton Times.  The Canterbury Times ceased publication in 1917.

Printed: 1880’s

Print Type: Subscription/Order Notice

Card: QV 1d Red-brown (Samuel: AA.2a)

Notes:

Printed: c.1888

Print Type: Subscription/Order Notice

Card: QV 1d Red-brown (Samuel: AA.4a)

Notes:

Printed: c.1890’s

Print Type: Subscription/Order Notice

Card: QV 1d Blue (Samuel: AA.6a)

Notes:

Printed: c.1890’s

Print Type: Subscription/Order Notice

Card: QV 1d Blue (Samuel: AA.6a)

Notes:

Printed: c.1890’s

Print Type: Memo / Acknowledgement of Order

Card: QV 1d Blue (Samuel: AA.6a)

Notes: