W. Scoular & Co was established by Andrew, James and William Scoular in 1861 as a Merchants and General Importers. Following the death of Andrew Scoular in 1864 the company reverted to the name W. & J. Scoular & Co. and in 1882 it changed again to W. Scoular & Co. following the retirement of James Scoular.
William Scoular, his wife and two daughters were drowned in 1894 on the occasion of the wreck of the S.S. Wairapa at the Great Barrier Island.
Print Type: Advertisement / Calling Notice
Card Type: QV 1d Blue (Samuel: AA.6a)