The Wellington Woollen Manufacturing Company was set-up in 1883 and started production in August 1886. The company utilised Singer sewing machines for the production of woollen goods for sale both within New Zealand and for export to England. The Cyclopaedia of New Zealand for 1897 notes that the premises is notable for its size and its modernity, including the building being lit by electric light, the presence of hot water and toilets for the staff.
Print Type: Proxy Voting Paper
Card: QV 1d Blue (Samuel: AA.6a)